The analytics section of the platform gives you additional information about fraud trends at your company. The reports also give you insight into how Ravelin is performing. There are two main sections, Dashboards and Custom Reports.
There are several default reports Ravelin provides within the Dashboards section of Analytics. You can switch between the dashboards via the drop down menu at the top left of the page.
You can access the following default dashboards:
- Fraud Overview
- Ravelin performance - orders
- Ravelin performance - customers
Fraud Overview Dashboard
Within the Fraud Overview dashboard, you can access reports on the following:
- 90 Day Fraud Rate (PSD2) - The total vale of chargebacks divided by the total value of all orders on a rolling quarterly basis (90 days)
- Chargeback Rate - The total value of chargebacks reported on a given day divided by the total value of orders placed on the same day
- Chargeback Value ($USD) - The total value of chargebacks reported on a given day in $USD
- Chargeback Count - The total number of chargebacks reported on a given day
- Chargeback Rate by Card schemes - The total value of chargebacks reported on a given day divided by the total value of orders placed on the same day by card scheme (using the chargeback dispute date)
Ravelin Performance Dashboards (Customers and Orders)
Within the Ravelin Performance - Customers dashboard, you can access reports on the following:
- Ravelin Actions - The percentage of active customers per day, by Ravelin action
- Prevent Sources - The percentage of active customers with a prevent Ravelin action per day by action source
Within the Ravelin Performance - Orders dashboard, you can access reports on the following:
- Ravelin Actions - The percentage of orders per day by Ravelin action
- Prevent Sources - The percentage of orders with a prevent Ravelin action per day by action source
- Average Order Value ($USD) - The average order value in $USD per day
If you would like to further explore any of the default reporting provided and segment or filter the data you can click on the View Report button. This takes you to a Custom reports view which allows you to segment, limit and filter the data.
Custom reports allows you to generate your own reporting so you can find the information you are most interested in.
The following metrics are available:
- 90 day fraud rate (PSD2)
- Average order value ($USD)
- Chargeback count - dispute date
- Chargeback rate - dispute date and count
- Chargeback rate - dispute date and value
- Chargeback rate - transaction date and count
- Chargeback rate - transaction date and value
- Chargeback value ($USD) - dispute date
- Customer count
- Customer percentage
- Order count
- Order percentage
The segments available depend on the metric you select.
You can segment chargeback metrics by:
- Market (name and country)
- Payment method (type, card scheme, BINs, issuing country, issuing bank)
You can segment customers and order metrics by:
- Market (name and country)
- Ravelin action
- Ravelin action sources
- Order status
Filtering the Data
You can adjust the date range of the data displayed by selecting the date range you are interested in. Filters can also be used to show more specific data. Available filters depend on the metric selected but include things like:
- Payment method (type, card bins, issuing countries, issuing banks, card schemes)
- Market (name and countries)
You can add up to three filters to the report and can remove all filters by selecting the Clear filters button on the top right.
Depending on what you search for, the data displayed on the graph may be truncated to show the top 15 segment values only.
Viewing the Data
You can view the results for your report in two ways on the graph, either as an overlay or as a stacked line graph. If you hover over the line, you will see the date and details on the segment you selected.
Underneath the graph, the report will display as a table. This will show the last 14 days of data.
You can bookmark reports in order to share or revisit a specific report you create.
You can download the data for the default and custom reports as a CSV by selecting the Export full CSV option to the top right of the table. The download will show all the data for the date range selected.